What’s the aim?
To build the skills of your leaders to:
- Act with inclusion front and centre in their decision-making, team and customer interactions
- Identify microaggressions and unconscious biases that inhibit diversity and inclusion
How do we approach it?
We use a conversational format to identify inclusive behaviours and subtle acts of exclusion.
Three areas of focus
- What do we mean by diversity and inclusion (includes a focus on different thinking approaches)
- What gets in the way: unconscious biases and microaggressions (subtle acts of exclusion)
- Actions I can take to be a more inclusive colleague during everyday moments (team meetings, decision-making, communicating with each other and clients).
By the end of the workshop, your team members will have:
- A consistent understanding of why a diverse and inclusive workplace matters, including how it fosters innovation and growth
- Have a greater understanding of unconscious biases and microaggressions that inhibit diversity (of thinking and demographic background) and inclusion
- An understanding of ways to be an ‘upstander’ when they notice biases, stereotypes, and other subtle acts of exclusion
- Identified practical actions they can take to demonstrate intentionally inclusive actions with colleagues and customers